Baker + Decorator
We are seeking a new member of the Scratch Bakeshop team! While it would be ideal that our new baking and decorating assistant has kitchen experience, an inclination towards art, and an enthusiasm for baking, above all we’re looking for a motivated, creative problem-solver that will pitch-in when needed and wants to grow with the company. Please see the qualifications required below.
- Scaling + Mixing Recipes
- Building and smooth coating cakes
- Making fondant decorations
- Buttercream and royal icing piping
- Decorating Cookies in royal icing
- Cake Deliveries
- Sharing the responsibility of dishes and other cleaning tasks
- Assisting with baking tasks including macarons and cakes
- Assisting classes
- Making cake boards and dying colors
- Assisting lead decorators
- Attention to detail
- Artistic eye
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong fine motor skills
- Team mentality
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for food
- Creative ambition
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
IDEAL PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Cake building
- Buttercream smooth coating
- Fondant decorating
- Royal icing piping
- 2-D and/or 3-D art fundamentals, including color theory
- About 30-40 hours per week, based on workflow (Our busy season is May-December)
- Weekend availability necessary.
- This is an hourly paid position.
Please e-mail your resume, a cover letter, and 3-10 images of any art or pastry work that you feel is pertinent to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We are looking to fill this position immediately.